1. Brief Description:
ISO 55001 is a standard that provides guidance for the management of physical assets throughout their lifecycle. It helps organizations to establish a systematic approach to managing their assets, which can lead to improved efficiency, reduced costs, and increased profitability.
2. Key Topics:
The key topics covered in ISO 55001 include:
- Asset management policies, objectives, and plans
- Asset information and data management
- Risk management
- Performance management and measurement
- Lifecycle management
- Asset management system (AMS) requirements
- Continual improvement
ISO 55001 is intended for organizations of all sizes and types that own or manage physical assets. It is relevant to a wide range of industries, including manufacturing, construction, transportation, and utilities. The standard is also useful for asset management consultants and auditors.
4. Learning Objectives:
After completing the ISO 55001 Asset Management System Introduction course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the key concepts and principles of asset management
- Identify the benefits of implementing an asset management system based on ISO 55001
- Understand the requirements of ISO 55001 and how to apply them
- Identify the steps involved in implementing an asset management system
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of an asset management team
- Understand the importance of continual improvement in asset management.