1. Brief Description:
ISO 31000 provides a framework for managing risks that can be applied to any type of organization, regardless of size or sector. This standard provides a systematic, structured, and comprehensive approach to identifying, assessing, and managing risks.
2. Key Topics:
- The principles, framework, and process of risk management
- The integration of risk management into the organization’s governance, planning, and management systems
- The implementation of risk management in a systematic, structured, and comprehensive manner
- The continual improvement of the risk management process
ISO 31000 is designed for anyone involved in risk management, including executives, managers, and other professionals. It is relevant to all types of organizations, from small businesses to large corporations, as well as to government agencies, non-profit organizations, and other entities.
4. Learning Objectives:
The objectives of ISO 31000 include:
- Providing a common framework for managing risks
- Improving decision-making processes through a better understanding of risks
- Enhancing accountability and transparency in risk management
- Encouraging a proactive approach to risk management
- Supporting continual improvement of the risk management process